Re: Testing IRI fragment identifiers

The difference between (2) and (3) is that:

In (2) the slash separator between the IDN and the pathname part is U
+002F SOLIDUS (ie the usual slash)

In (3) the slash separator between the IDN and the pathname part is U
+FF0F FULLWIDTH SOLIDUS (which is what I get when I type slash whilst
in my chinese input method)

So (2) is using the (currently) valid slash separator but (3) is not.
But I think it essential that U+FF0F FULLWIDTH SOLIDUS is also treated
as a valid separator (or auto converted to U+002F SOLIDUS)

André

On 3 Jan 2009, at 11:58, Ori Idan wrote:

> I don't understand the difference between 2 and 3.
> I understand that chinese input mode does not have . and /
>
> --
> Ori Idan
>

> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Andre Schappo
> <A.Schappo@lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> There is also the issue of the separators / slash and  . dot in the
> browser address bar.
>
> In order for the rest of my explanation to make sense I should say
> that I am using the alternate root server <http://cesidianroot.net/>
> for these tests and the consequence of that is that the China
> ccTLD   .中国 works
>
> (1) When I type in:  拉夫堡大学.中国/计算机科学  it works
> just fine because I am using U+002E FULL STOP and U+002F SOLIDUS/Slash
>
> (2) When I type in :  拉夫堡大学。中国/计算机科学 that
> also works fine because the browser automatically converts from U
> +3002 IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP (which is what I get when I type dot
> whilst in my Chinese Input Method) to U+002E FULL STOP
>
> (3) When I type in:  拉夫堡大学。中国/计算机科学 it
> does NOT work because I am using U+FF0F FULLWIDTH SOLIDUS which is
> what I get when I type slash whilst in my Chinese Input Method.
>
> When typing a Chinese web address I argue that it is very important
> that one should be able to remain within a Chinese Input Method.
> But ... For (3)  I have to come out of the chinese input method to
> type the slash and then back into the chinese input method to type
> the pathname part
>
> So I think that the browser should automatically convert the U+FF0F
> FULLWIDTH SOLIDUS to U+002F SOLIDUS then one can remain in the
> chinese input method
>
> This issue may well occur in other languages
>
> (1)-(3) Tested using Safari, Firefox and Opera on MacOSX
>
> André Schappo
>

> On 15 Dec 2008, at 21:16, Richard Ishida wrote:
>

> Hello Leif,
>
> I added a couple of tests to my revised set of IDN and IRI tests, to
> be found (unannounced as yet) at
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/html/test-resid-0.html
>
> Cheers,
> RI