Text Editor

From: Andre Schappo <A.Schappo@lboro.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:19:03 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org

I am new to this list so apologies if I initially go over old ground.

I have just been reading <http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-controls
 > and have experimented with both unicode and html methods of
controlling directionality.

What I would really like is a Text Editor that I can toggle between
"bidi display mode" and "logical display mode"

By "logical display mode" I mean that the editor shows the raw
underlying characters ie the order they were typed in

By "bidi display mode" I mean displaying the final form after
application of the direction directives/"character properties".

Anyone know of such a Text Editor ?? I am using Leopard on an Apple Mac.

I have already tried several editors and also gone down to the Unix
level (pico & vi) but none provide both display modes.

TIA ....  André

http://loughborough.ac.uk/ComputerScience
http://拉夫堡大学.中国/计算机科
http://ラフバラ大学.com/コンピュータサイエン