Re: Ideographic Space, word-spacing, and justification

From: Steve Deach <sdeach@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:33:13 -0700
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "'WWW International'" <www-international@w3.org>, Paul Nelson <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com>, Michel Suignard <michel@unicode.org>

No, in my personal opinion, it should not.
The 2 differences between normal space/nbsp vs ideographic space are:
  1.) The normal width is different, and
  2.) The normal space/nbsp is treated as justifying
      (adjusted by both wordspacing and letterspacing),
      whereas the Ideographic space should only be adjusted by
      letterspacing (only if ideographic letters are also so adjusted).

However, I will re-confirm this with our CJK experts, before claiming this
is an Adobe opinion.