RE: FRENCH translation

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:22:32 -0500
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, <w3c-translators@w3.org>
CC: <www-international@w3.org>

Dr. Ishida/w3c-translators:

You're welcome!  (That would have been an easy one for me to translate, and when I realized it had become a working group note I felt bad for not having offered to translate it, but I'll find something else.)

I'm thinking then of translating:

"Best Practices for XML Internationalization"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xml-i18n-bp-20071031/
but it's only a working draft;

Otherwise I might try:

Tutorial: Creating (X)HTML Pages in Arabic & Hebrew

http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/bidi-xhtml/I only want to translate one at this time.

Sincerely,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com

Thanks, but this has recently been translated into French by JJ Solari, so please donít start it.  I think Helen will probably get to it soon for adding to the translation list.

RI

============Richard IshidaInternationalization LeadW3C (World Wide Web Consortium)http://www.w3.org/International/http://rishida.net/blog/http://rishida.net/

From: CE Whitehead [mailto:cewcathar@hotmail.com] Sent: 17 January 2008 21:40To: w3c-translators@w3.org; ishida@w3.orgCc: www-international@w3.orgSubject: RE: translation

Hi, I'd like to translate into French the Working Group Note: "Internationalization Best Practices: Specifying Language in XHTML & HTML Content" http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-lang/ (I've previously started a translation of a draft, but will have to redo; seehttp://www.geocities.com/quaiouestenglish/w3c/Ishida_Internat_fr_utf8.html  ) Sincerely, C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar@hotmail.com