Re: rfc4646. Some analysis code

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:05:06 +0000
To: I18N <www-international@w3.org>

On 07/11/06, John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org> wrote:

> > Informative John. Thatnks. I'd like to add this to my page, but from
> > what you say it will be dated (by 4646bis) pretty soon. What timescales
> > please? Weeks or months?
>
> Go ahead and add.  We have to wait at least until ISO puts forth the nexst
> part of ISO 639 (language subtags), and then there will be the usual slow
> IETF approval process.  4646 may be with us for two years or more.

Thanks John.
I've added the irregulars to my tests and updated the zip file.
 - even told me that the celtic example was 'well formed'
(unsure how I'll check for validity, until I learn to read Haskell!)

I've converted the registry list into XML, should anyone want it btw.
I feel sure it'll be easier to use for validation.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.