Re: New article for Review: Language Tags (Updated to cover RFC 3066bis)

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:02:45 +0100
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

Richard Ishida scripsit:

> Comments are being sought on this article prior to final release. Please
> send any comments to www-international@w3.org. We expect to publish
> a final version in one to two weeks.

I can't comment on the accuracy, but just wanted to say that this doc is
a breath of fresh air. I've long wanted to understand how to indicate
script. Just yesterday for example a friend and I were trying to
translate little parts of http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/index.rdf into
Persian, written in both latin and arabic script. And I thought "hmm I
know there's something out there somewhere that explains how to express
this in xml:lang, so I can SPARQL-query the RDF for the kinds of labels
I want". Then I found this thread in my mailbox :)

So my comment is really just 'thanks!'

cheers,

Dan