RE: Updated i18n article: Character encodings

Hello Olle,

Some quick answers - I'm not at work this week and will be travelling next, so you have some time still.

See below...

============
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

I tend to shorten titles in the 'on this page' links, although the full title is usually available via a mouseover, so that should explain the mismatch.

> section: "by the way"
> -------------
>
> "... although in reality they refer to the encodings, not the
> character sets</p>"
> ! Missing period at end

Thanks. Fixed.

Not necessarily.  Some people translate.  Note, however, that the translations specify that comments must be made in English. (See http://www.w3.org/International/2004/06/translation-text )

> section: "further readings"
> ----------------
> ? should it really be "noprint"?

No it shouldn't.  Thanks for pointing out.

> Bottom stuff
> "For the history of document changes, search for <span
> class="searchkey"><a
> href="___http://www.w3.org/blog/International?s=article-o-char
set&amp;sentence=s>
> article-o-charset</a></span>"