encoding languages and writing systems

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:06:53 +0200
To: www-international@w3.org

Hello www-international,

My attention was recently drawn to this document, by the Center for Hellenic Studies in Washington:

Developing standards for encoding languages and writing systems in the editing of Greek and Latin texts

Its interesting both for the way it reflects current work (eg, use of RFC 3066bis) and the way it seems to diverge from it (either I don't understand what they mean by a 'mapping', or else they propose character abuse and don't understand that XML has a single document character set).

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG