RE: Bengali Locale Specific Data (RFC 3066)

From: souravm <SOURAVM@infosys.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:10:54 +0530
To: "Goutam Kumar Saha" <goutam.k.saha@kolkatacdac.in>, "John Cowan" <cowan@ccil.org>, "Martin Duerst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Cc: <www-international@w3.org>

Dear Gautam,

I'm not very comfortable coupling time-zone, measurement (or in that way
any other localization specific aspect) with language. These all should
be independent otherwise much problem can arise.

An example is - We cannot tie French language with Canada so that it can
provide the timezone information as Canada has around 5 timezones.

Regards,
Sourav

Principal Architect
APAC, Infosys Technologies Limited