Re: I18N attributes in RSS 1.0

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:47:32 +0000
To: Ian Forrester <ian.a.forrester@googlemail.com>
CC: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, "John.Cowan" <jcowan@reutershealth.com>, Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>, www-international@w3.org

> Going slightly off topic of NewsML2,
>
> Can you send an example of how you would use XHTML in RSS or ATOM?
> I'm very interested in adding i18n attributes to RSS, ATOM and most XML
> syndication formats. I was working on a RSS/ATOM namespace which could
> be used by anyone including bloggers on non-Unicode encodings. I was
> also pushing it for people not familiar with Unicode directionality.

Notionally, RSS 1.0 is RDF/XML and an example of XHTML in RDF/XML is
relevant.

Here is one that I made earlier (as they say in Blue Peter - UK specific
joke - actually Martin helped make it):

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/misc-200-xmlliteral#misc-200-xmlliteral

(the XHTML2 has Japanese text, so only displays if you have the fonts)

Jeremy