Re: I18N attributes in NewsML 2

From: Ian Forrester <ian.a.forrester@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:53:09 +0000
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
CC: "John.Cowan" <jcowan@reutershealth.com>, Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>, www-international@w3.org

> >I believe xml:lang and dir attribute would also be useful in the RSS
> and ATOM specifications?
>
> In Atom, xml:lang is available widely, but dir isn't available
> directly. But if your title, summary, content, or whatever is
> (X)HTML, then of course you can use the dir attribute.
>
> Regards,    Martin.

Going slightly off topic of NewsML2,

Can you send an example of how you would use XHTML in RSS or ATOM?
I'm very interested in adding i18n attributes to RSS, ATOM and most XML
syndication formats. I was working on a RSS/ATOM namespace which could
be used by anyone including bloggers on non-Unicode encodings. I was
also pushing it for people not familiar with Unicode directionality.

Cheers,

Ian Forrester