Results posted: Informal Poll re: use of Unicode

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:03:07 -0700
To: Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>
CC: www-international@w3.org

with a bit more of a delay than originally anticipated, I've written up
the preliminary results of the informal poll and posted them at my site:

The poll questions were open ended and many of you sent comments even
for yes/no questions. As a result, it was a very informative poll, but
one that is hard to summarize. As promised I've made the results
available to the Unicode Editorial Committee to use in improving the
standard - in fact, they were the first to get the preliminary results.

Because of the style I chose to summarize and present the results, it's
best not to think of these as anything more than a reasonably complete
initial report of the results of an informal poll. But even as that, I
think they've proven valuable already.

Thanks to everybody who participated,