Re: New article for REVIEW: Upgrading from language-specific legacy encoding to Unicode encoding

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:24:35 +0200
To: "Deborah Cawkwell" <deborah.cawkwell@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: "Frank Yung-Fong Tang" <ytang0648@aol.com>, "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, <www-international@w3.org>, <member-i18n-geo@w3.org>

On Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 5:10:34 PM, Deborah wrote:

DC> Hi Frank

DC> Could you clarify: we're not sure what problem you refer to.

I suspect it might be
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#q23
in particular point 4 of the bulleted list for figuring out the charset
of a CSS file:

4. charset of referring stylesheet or document (if any)

Clearly if a.html and b.html are in different encodings, both refer to
c.css which does not have a BOM and does not have an @charset, then
there can be a problem.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead