RE: IRI and IDN in RDF

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:34:55 +0900
To: "Krall, Gary" <gkrall@verisign.com>, "'Chris Lilley'" <chris@w3.org>, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto@gmuer.ch>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

At 03:45 05/01/08, Krall, Gary wrote:

 >Chris:
 >
 >Just for clarification does your answer imply that an RSS reader would need
 >to support IDNA to make this work?

If it does resolve IRIs, which I guess most RSS readers do, then yes.
Otherwise no. RDF as such does not require resolution, and therefore
does not require IDNA support.

IDNA support is available in libraries (e.g. libidn or idnkit)
that can easily be integrated into other software (but are a bit
bulky because of the tables needed).

Regards,    Martin.