Re: New article for 2nd REVIEW: An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses

From: David Clarke <w3c@dragonthoughts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:45:13 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
Cc: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>

I may not have understood correctly, but what happens if I were to
register xn--jp-cd2fp15c.xn--fsq.jp as a domain in itself before the
Japanese company registered it. Surely there would be a clash?

Is there potential for cyber-squatting by registering punycode domain
names for well know Asian companies?

Have I misunderstood? would the domain registration for a punycode
domain be refused without registration of its "real" name?

In message <20050105172726.1CBEF4F04E@homer.w3.org>, Richard Ishida
<ishida@w3.org> writes

--
David Clarke