Re: New tutorial for REVIEW: Ruby Markup and Styling

From: François Yergeau <francois@yergeau.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:14:26 -0400
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

Richard Ishida a écrit :
> http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/ruby/

Slide 1: wrong slide!  "An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses"

Slide 14: the definition of technical term "before" is somewhat wrong.
Before is above for horizontal text only when lines stack top-to-bottom.
  Ditto for to the right of vertical text.  A simple way to describe
"before' is "towards the preceding line of text".  See also slide 17.

Slide 17: I would think that the CSS3 stuff is not only to fine-tune
presentation, but to get it right in the first place (rough-tune it?)
when applied to generic XML (other than the blessed Ruby markup).

Slide 24: left and start shouldn't be synonymous.  start is towards the
beginning of the line, therefore right in RTL text.  But I see that this
is what the CSS3 Ruby spec says, hmmm, this looks wrong...

Slides 26-29: the examples are not very clear.  Thin vertical lines (as
in the preceding slides) would help.

--
François