New test for review: Bidi misc

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:49:16 +0100
To: "GEO" <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>
Cc: <www-international@w3.org>

I have put together a short test to see whether rtl directionality is inherited in the window title bar and tooltips.  Please send any comments before I add it formally to the site.

http://www.w3.org/International/tests/sec-bidi-misc-1

Preliminary results show that my most recent versions of Opera, IE, Firefox, Mozilla and Netscape do not correctly display bidi text in the window title bar.

And that only IE displays the text in the tooltip correctly.

Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info:
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/