Re: faq suggestions

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 04:51:52 +0200
To: Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

* Tex Texin wrote:
>With respect to user agents reparsing documents from the beginning, can you say
>which ones do this?

Internet Explorer for Windows re-parses the chunk in which the <meta>
element was found (a chunk is usually a block of 8 KB), Mozilla re-
parses all the chunks, that's at least what I remember from tests.
You can test such things using a <title> element prior to the <meta>
element, for example.

>They are not obligated to and the wording of the standards implies that the
>encoding "switch" from the initial value to the value specified in the charset
>statement, occurs at the point the statement is parsed.

That's not clear to me at all...