W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2004

Re: JSP page directive contentType overriden by Apache tomcat?

From: Jungshik Shin <jshin@i18nl10n.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:29:07 +0900
Message-ID: <40F864C3.6030807@i18nl10n.com>
To: www-international@w3.org

Addison Phillips [wM] wrote:

>... and watch out for custom filters! They can cause the problems you're experiencing (by modifying the content type or setting the locale) and may not show up anywhere in your JSP or its references.
>
>  
>
Thanks a lot, Addison and Paul, for your quick replies and answers. 
Indeed, Nutch's JSP files
I patched are heavy users of  JSTL (apache i18n).  It seems like custom 
filters are to blame in my case because I've just found that not only 
Safari but also Konqueror on Linux doesn't have a problem while Mozilla, 
MS IE
and a command line tool for grabbing remote web page (e.g. wget) get 
'ISO-8859-1'. It's not clear to me  what kind of custom filter would put 
Mozilla, IE and command-line web page retrievers into one group while 
putting Konqueror and Safari into the other.... Moreover, I can't find 
any trace of such a custom filter configured/installed/used ...

Jungshik
Received on Friday, 16 July 2004 19:29:10 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 19:17:03 GMT