RE: displaying Chinese and Thai characters

Hi Kenneth,

Probably your MYSQL server is not set up to store Chinese or Thai
characters. Java uses Unicode internally, while mysql can use a variety of
character encodings in its tables. You need to set the character encoding
used by your mysql server so that it can store the characters.

When you see question marks, this means that the encoding used by the
database does not include the characters you are trying to store. If you
want to store multiple langauges that use different legacy encodings in the
same database, you need to choose a Unicode encoding.

Documentation on doing this can be found on the MYSQL website here:

   http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Charset-Unicode.html

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.