Standard for postal address information

From: A. Vine <andrea.vine@sun.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:24:42 -0700
To: www-international@w3.org

OK, I know this is crazy, but I just wanted to double-check - is there a
standard, note, or some such out there that covers the storage of postal address
information for int'l products.  One that specifies what fields you might have
in a database, not one that talks about formatting for display.

I found references to S42-2 from http://www.upu.int/, though I can't find how to
get this publication.  I also found this site:

http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/postal.html

which mentions "ISO International Standard 11180, "Postal Addressing" (1993)
(withdrawn 15 Jan 2004)" and indeed the ISO page confirms it.

Sooooo, am I missing anything?

Thanks,
Andrea
--
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
-Bjarne Stroustrup, designer of C++ programming language (1950- )