Re: Preferred font styles

From: AmirBehzad Eslami <behzad@delphiarea.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:24:35 +0330
To: "Lill Therese Jacobsen" <lill.therese.jacobsen@norskinteraktiv.no>, <www-international@w3.org>
Dear Lill,

For Persian (Farsi) content on the web, here comes a good CSS sample to style paragraphs in XHTML:

    p.farsi {
        font-family: Tahoma, Nesf2, Nesf, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 11px;
        line-height: 1.7em;
        text-align: right;
        direction: rtl;
        unicode-bidi: embed;
- A sample XHTML code:
        ...Your Persian content goes here...
- In HTML, you may use some thing like this:

        ...Your Persian content goes here....

'Tahoma' is the most popular unicode font to publish Persian/Arabic content on the Web.
It is available on most platforms including Win9x/.../XP.

I highly recommend you to take a look at "Authoring Techniques for XHTML & HTML Internationalization 1.0" written by Richard Ishida on W3C:

For more info about Persian visit: http://www.farsiweb.info

Some Persian websites:

Warm regards,
AmirBehzad Eslami

Please use the term "Persian" instead of "Farsi".