New test page: ruby markup

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:19:18 -0000
To: <www-international@w3.org>

I have put together two first draft test pages to check browser
capabilities relating to ruby markup.

I will try to add a couple more tests containing minimal CSS for
vertical text, and maybe a bopomofo test when I get some more time.

Quick testing on my XP platform shows:
IE 6: supports simple ruby only in HTML 4.01 ( ! ); doesn't display the
XHTML1.1 file :(
Firebird 0.6.1: doesn't support ruby, but the fallback for simple ruby
looks OK
Opera 7.2: ditto
Amaya 8.1b: supports both simple and complex ruby, but positioning
leaves room for improvement

See http://www.w3.org/International/tests/

RI

PS: Find all i18n tests at http://www.w3.org/International/tests/
**which is now linked from the I18N home page.**

Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info: http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

http://www.w3.org/International/