RE: [Moderator Action] Looking for UTF-8 *plain text* multilingual sample page and text editor

Kuro-san,

You can try my pages linked from
http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/samples/

Just cut and paste the text from the browser window into Notepad on
WinXP (not sure about Win2K) and you should be all set.

RI

> At 19:12 03/03/31 -0500, Kurosaka, Teruhiko wrote:
>

>> I am looking for a sample plain text file that has a few lines of
>> sample text in different languages (at minimum, English, Chinese,
>> Japanese and Korean) in UTF-8.  I have found some HTML samples such
>> as below but I could not find an equally good one in plain text
>> format: http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html
>> http://crism.maden.org/dunno.html
>>
>> I tried to convert one of the above to a plain text by eliminating
>> tags and extra text but my editor (Meadow, Mule based Windows
>> specialized Emacs editor) complains it cannot be UTF-8, probably
>> because the text contains some byte sequence it cannot understand
>> for whatever reason.
>>

>> I am also looking for a multilingual text editor that can read in
>> plain text file in popular encodings of CJK and UTF-8.  It does not
>> need to have any fancy functions.  Read, Write and Cut and Paste
>> would be enough.  Hopefully, it should have a builtin font so that
>> it can work on English Windows w/o extra font installation. If you
>> can recommend any, let me know.
>>

>> T. "Kuro" Kurosaka
>> Internationalization Architect
>> teruhiko.kurosaka@iona.com
>> ------------------------------------------------------- IONA
>> Technologies 2350 Mission College Blvd. Suite 650
>> Santa Clara, CA 95054
>> Tel: (408) 350 9684/9500
>> Fax: (408) 350 9501
>> Making Software Work Together TM