Re: glyph selection for Unicode in browsers

From: Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:05:43 -0400
To: Jungshik Shin <jshin@mailaps.org>
CC: Unicoders <unicode@unicode.org>, WWW International <www-international@w3.org>

Jungshik,

I used characters that should display differently. Some punctuation and
some like (I think it is) the bone character.

However, feel free to suggest a list of characters that should be
distinctive and I'll post a page with them that we can all review
whether there are differences or not on various platforms, browsers,
etc.

I agree for many characters there should be no differences.

tex

Jungshik Shin wrote:

>   Actually, you might have had hard time telling the display difference
> depending on what characters you used for your testing EVEN IF you
> configured browsers to use different (but with __very similar__ design
> principles and look/feels) Unicode-cmapped (but NON-pan-script) fonts
> for TC,SC, J and K *under MS Windows*.  This difficulty demonstrates
> that CJK Unification in Unicode/10646 is not such a big problem as some
> people tried to make it.
>
>   Jungshik

Making e-Business Work Around the World