advice please

From: Craig Stewart <Craig.Stewart@nottingham.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:57:05 +0100
To: "<"<www-international@w3.org>

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice - if this is the wrong list then my
appologies, please ignore ;-)

I've just started a phd which is concerned with the i18n and l10n
aspects of developing an adaptive web based educational system. The
system itself uses an XML infrastructure informed by a user model
(stored in MySQL), the entire thing is adapted for delivery at the
server side using the Apache::Cocoon framework.

I have been reading this list with interest and was wondering if there
were any useful resources (urls, journals, books etc ...) that you would
recommend for someone starting work in this area?

I have been reading up on Unicode, international user intefaces and a
little on ethnology - however I'm sure there are areas I haven't even
started becoming aware of and would appreciate any warnings you can
give.

Many thanks in advance,
Craig

Craig Stewart