RE: Looking for a white paper

From: Suzanne M. Topping <stopping@bizwonk.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:04:09 -0400
To: "Www-International-w3c-org (E-mail)" <www-international@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Kreiser [mailto:ekreiser@knowledgeplanet.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:37 PM

>A few months back I read a great article on software globalization.
>It outlined the levels of software globalization, depicted it in a
>pyramid fashion of support ranging from no support to full
>internationalization/globalization.  Unfortunately, now I can
>not find it again.  Anyone have suggested articles.  I am looking
>for a high level view would help upper management understand the
>road to globalization.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hello Eric,

A recent issue of MultiLingual Computing and Technology magazine (#47
Volume 13 Issue 3) included a supplement devoted to
internationalization. The supplement provides articles with varying
degrees of detail, including an introductory article which I wrote.

You can find the intro article online at:

http://www.multilingual.com/FMPro?-db=archives&-format=ourpublication%2f
featuredarticlesdetail.htm&-lay=cgi&-sortfield=magazine%20number&-sortor
der=descend&-op=eq&Ad%20Type=reprint&-max=5&-recid=33375&-token=%5bFMP-c
urrenttoken%5d&-find=

It doesn't approach the issue from a levels perspective, however, it
might offer something useful for you when talking to management types.

Best of luck

Suzanne Topping
BizWonk Inc.
stopping@bizwonk.com