I am not able to give javascript alert messages in Chinese in IE5 , succeded in Netscape6.1

From: rao srinivas <raosrini_11@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 23:38:20 -0800 (PST)
To: www-international@w3.org
I have been stuck up with the this problem.
I am not able to give javascript alert messages in
Simplified Chinese in
IE5, where as in Netscape 6.1 it is good.

I have chinese fonts(MS Song,MS Hei) in my system. Is
it needed to
change font.properties file in JDK, if yes, what are
changes needed in that file.

Here is my code(JSP): It gives '???' in IE5, and
chinese chars in Netscape6.1

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>
<script language="javascript">

my environment: Windows 98(english)