Re: Euro mess (Was: valid locales ---> was bilingual websites

From: <David_Possin@i2.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:03:14 -0600
To: "Tex Texin" <texin@progress.com>
Cc: cbrown@xnetinc.com, nelocsig@egroups.com, www-international@w3.org, www-international-request@w3.org
True, not much to do with locales, just had to wave my flag once more to
the ICU people ....

"Tex Texin" <texin@progress.com>
Sent by: www-international-request@w3.org
11/08/01 12:23 AM

        To:     David_Possin@i2.com
        cc:     cbrown@xnetinc.com, www-international@w3.org, NE Localization SIG
        Subject:        Re: Euro mess (Was: valid locales ---> was  bilingual websites

>   6. Euro - The big problem is not the display, but how to use it. The
>      EC has strict requirements on how to do currency triangulation
>      with the euro. We discovered that rounding problems popped up
>      everywhere, especially when using euro precision for calculation
>      and had to display the value in a currency without decimals. It
>      would be a dream to have this in ICU.

I can agree this is an issue, but is it one of the issues with

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the
one I've never tried before."- -Mae West