Re: bilingual websites

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:18:31 -0500
To: www-international@w3.org
2001-10-30 09:32:08, "Thierry Sourbier"
<webmaster@i18ngurus.com>:

> This is true, yet I would note that browsers are not available
> for all locales (e.g. IE 6 is not available for Welsh).
> Therefore in the present case the ACCEPT_LANGUAGE will be
> useless in most of the cases.

Are you sure the 'Accept-Language' for IE isn't chosen from the
Regional Settings (in Control Panel)? At least when I installed
the US version of IE 6 on my Norwegian version of Windows 98, the
'Accept-Language' header was still Norwegian (though that *may*
have been because I had manually edited it in IE 5).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer