RE: Help needed for printing Chinese character

From: Xing Liu <xliu@globalsight.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:09:48 -0700
To: "'souravm'" <souravm@infy.com>, Thierry Sourbier <webmaster@i18ngurus.com>, Michael Gorelik <mgorelik@Novarra.com>, www-international@w3.org
I don't think you can print GB2312 text file directly using lp/lpr command.
You may need to convert it to PostScript first. There was a free utility
called gb2ps that I used long time ago back in grad school. You may find it
in the Web.

Also, if you have IE or Netscape plus Chinese fonts loaded, you can open the
text file there and try printing from there.

Good luck!

Xing