Re: Javascript Internationalization

From: Rakesh Bhatia <rbhatia@noida.hcltech.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:55:46 +0530
To: "Yung-Fong Tang" <ftang@netscape.com>
Cc: <www-international@w3.org>
Thanks David (i2.com) and Yung-Fong for your helpful comments, however
most of our clients are using nescape 4.0 - 4.76 or IE 5.0, could you please suggest a mechanism to tackle this problem on these browsers. Can we somehow, set the encoding within javascript so that platform dependent(Windows' native) encoding is not used for alert/comfirmation messages.

Regards
Rakesh