Java Supported Encodings and corresponding MIME Character Sets names

From: by way of <gabrielle.copperwheat@vastera.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 10:46:33 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org

I have been asked to compile a list of corresponding Java supported
Encodings and MIME Character Sets names for the following:
(* I found the Java Canonical name only)
(** I found the MIME name only)
(   I found neither)

MacEERom Eastern Europe

MacCyril Bulgaria, Russia *

MacArab Saudi Arabia *

MacGreek Greece *

MacHeb Israel *

MacHindi India

MacThai Thailand *

MacKanji Japan

MacTradC Taiwan, HongKong

MacSimpC PRC

MacKorea Korea

WinThai Thailand *

DECMulti Western Europe

DECKanji Japan

HPRoman8 Western Europe **

HPThai Thailand

HPTradC Taiwan, HongKong

IBM1047 EBCDIC for Western Europe

IBMTradC Taiwan, HongKong

GBSimpC GB Simplified Chinese **

KoEUC Korean EUC **

Unicode (** found ISO-10646-UCS-2  does the whole name apply?)
These are the sources I used:

Does anyone know where I could find the rest of this information, please?

Thank you,

Gabrielle Copperwheat
Opening the world to e-business
45025 Aviation Drive, Suite 200