Re: Localization of XML

From: Suzanne Topping <stopping@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:01:18 -0500
To: "www" <www-international@w3.org>
Hi Martin,

Basically I am interested in any issues relating to localization of XML in
web sites, that might differ from dealing with HTML-based sites. I would
assume that there are similarities and differences, and am trying to
identify particular areas of difficulty or concern. Actually, this crosses
over into the internationalization (as it usually does) because I'm assuming
that there are good and bad methods for structuring things which have a big
impact on localization.

I realize that this request is still quite broad and general, but I don't
want to rule out any particular set of issues that may be relevant; I'm
looking for a wide range of input right now, but will undoubtedly move on to
more targeted questions as I gather information.

If you have guidelines for any of the issues that you raised in your note,
I'd be grateful to get information about them!

Thanks.

Suzanne