Chineses symbols for screen display

From: Thorsten Mehnert <tm.wordnet@scm.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:26:42 +0200
To: <www-international@w3.org>
Folks!

Could you help with this questions?
- Which fonts are available to display Chineses symbols using MS-DOS
(names, bytes per symbol and 8-bit- or 16-bit-code)?

Our general set-up of software programming:
- We are programming our own screen layout.
- We use an extra font to display words on the screen.
- The font can be edited by us.
- The programms are run by using MS-DOS.

Thanks for your help.

LCC

------- Some information on the LCC --------

The LCC (Language Consulting Centre) is a project partly funded by the European Commission. Our goal is to support small and medium-sized enterprises in optimising their production and management of multilingual information (for more information please refer to our web site www.lcc-online.com).

As part of our activities, we answer SMEs' inquiries regarding multilingual documentation. Within this context, we turn to experts and/or tool providers/distributors for appropriate answers. We hope you could provide some helpful information to the questions above.