Re: Unnecessary redraws with Content-Language

Reinier van Kleij wrote:

> actually we have:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
>
>         <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1">
>         <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Language" CONTENT="it">
>
> So according to you, we can not do any better: the Content-Type right after
> <HEAD>?

You can do "better": use the HTTP Content-Type header's charset parameter. I don't
know which server you are using, but you probably need to "tell" it to use the
right Content-Type header.

Netscape doesn't do anything with Content-Language (yet).

> Netscape and IE seem to do these redraws still, so maybe Netscape/IE draw
> the page, then check the character set and decide to redraw?

Are you sure that the redraw is due to the charset? Have you tried it with and
without the charset?

Erik