Re: Dates and times

From: Misha Wolf <misha.wolf@reuters.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 20:59:27 +0000 (GMT)
To: meta2 <meta2@mrrl.lut.ac.uk>, www-international <www-international@w3.org>, Unicode <unicode@unicode.org>
Erik wrote:

>> Erik, if you mean: "People shouldn't be typing metadata directly into HTML"
>> then my reply is: "Nevertheless, they will do so".
>
>Why would anyone want to type a date into some metadata inside HTML by
>hand? Under what circumstances would one do this? Do you have an
>example?

Let's say I want to insert the fifteen Dublin Core metadata elements (TITLE,
CREATOR, SUBJECT, DESCRIPTION, PUBLISHER, CONTRIBUTOR, DATE, TYPE, FORMAT,
IDENTIFIER, SOURCE, LANGUAGE, RELATION, COVERAGE and RIGHTS)* into my Web
page.  How would you suggest I do it?

Misha

* See draft-kunze-dc-00.txt for more info.