Re: Please clarify * is legal in HTTP1/1 Accept-Charset Header

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 19:55:57 +0100 (MET)
To: jbettels@netscape.com
Cc: mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch, koen@win.tue.nl, ftang@netscape.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, www-international@www10.w3.org, Alan_Barrett/DUB/Lotus.LOTUSINT@crd.lotus.com, bobj@netscape.com, Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr, Ed_Batutis/CAM/Lotus@crd.lotus.comi18ngrp.netscape.com
Jurgen Bettels:

>Martin,
>
>I would prefer not to bundle the ACCEPT-CHARSET * clarification with
>other issues where there is less consensus. I am still hoping that
>Koen can simply introduce this into the next revision without having to
>go through an RFC.

I'm now planning to write a small internet draft on only Accept-Charset *,
while also putting the rules in the transparent content negotiation draft.
I too think that the other issues are more controversial, though often only
slightly more.

By the way, the small internet draft won't have to make it to RFC status,
the proposesd changes can be merged with the HTTP/1.1 RFC when that RFC is
revised.

>Jürgen.

Koen.