Re: Accept-Charset support

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 05:31:00 PST
To: avine@dakota-76.eng.sun.com
CC: rosenne@netvision.net.il, www-international@w3.org
Andrea:

# I, on the other hand, would, because I have a limited knowledge of
# Japanese characters/ideographs/logographs, but a much more extensive
# knowledge of spoken Japanese.  This is not unusual amongst
# Japanese-as-2nd-language speakers.

Another user:

> My favorite color is blue. I would prefer to have web pages with blue
> backgrounds and white text rather than red and green. Red really makes
> me angry!

Just because users have some preference doesn't mean that putting the
preference into the user agent request string is useful.

I like the idea that we'll only allow feature registration if the
person attempting to register the feature can supply 10 pairs of
(different) (useful, meaningful) documents which differ only by the
feature in question and is willing to assert that such a distinction
will be maintained.

Larry