Re: HTML - i18n / NCR & charsets

From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 16:53:09 +0000
To: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>, www-html@w3.org, www-international@w3.org, unicode@unicode.org

>>>'&laquo;' and '&raquo;' refer to the Latin 1 _double_ angle quotes
>>>(#171 and #187), not the single versions.
>>>
>>The single angle versions are &lsquo; and &rsquo; respectively

>If so, then what are the non-angle single quote entities?

Whoops, that will teach me not to work from memory. You are right the lsquo
and rsquo are the curly ones. The arrow ones will be &lsaquo and &rsaquo,
but as yet the entity sets that they belong with have still to be formally
approved by ISO, and that could take some time.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/