RE: Comments on Charmod PR publications

Martin wrote:

> Maybe we could change
>
> "This prohibits the construction of fonts that misuse e.g.
> iso-8859-1 to represent different scripts, characters, or
> symbols than what is actually encoded in iso-8859-1."
>
> to something like
>
> "This prohibits the formerly frequent construction of fonts
> that misused e.g. iso-8859-1 to represent different scripts,
> characters, or symbols than what was actually encoded in
> iso-8859-1."

I don't think this sentence is structurally correct, as the scope
of "e.g. iso-8859-1" doesn't extend beyond the last char of that
string.  I suggest something like:

  "This prohibits the formerly frequent construction of fonts
  that misused a foo (e.g. iso-8859-1) to represent different
  scripts, characters, or symbols than what was actually encoded
  in that foo."

Replace "foo" by the right technical term.

Also replace: "than what was actually encoded" with "than those
actually encoded".

Misha

the views of Reuters Ltd.