From: Richard Ishida [mailto:ishida@w3.org]
Sent: Saturday, 24 January 2004 5:48 AM
To: Husband, Yin-Leng; w3c-ws-arch@w3.org
Cc: www-i18n-comments@w3.org
Subject: Your comments on the Character Model [C087, C088, C089, C106,
C133, C134]

Dear Yin Leng & WS Architecture WG,

Many thanks for your comments on the 2nd Last Call version of the
Character
Model for the World Wide Web v1.0 [1].  We appreciate the interest you
have
taken in this specification.

You can see the comments you submitted, grouped together, at
http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2002/charmod-lc/SortByGroup.html#C
048
(You can jump to a specific comment in the table by adding its ID to the
end
of the URI.)

The following comments were accepted and edits were made along the lines
you
suggested. We do not need you to comment on the edits made, but if you
wish
to, please reply to us within the next two weeks at
mailto:www-i18n-comments@w3.org and copy w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org.
        C088, C089, C106, C133

PLEASE REVIEW the decisions for the following additional comments and
reply
to us within the next two weeks at mailto:www-i18n-comments@w3.org
(copying
w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org) to say whether you are satisfied with the decision
taken.
        C087, C134

Information relating to these comments is included below.

You can find the latest version of the Character Model at
http://www.w3.org/International/Group/charmod-edit/ .

Best regards,
Richard Ishida, for the I18N WG

DECISIONS REQUIRING A RESPONSE
==============================

C087
-------------------
	Na	Na	C	Yin Leng Husband
	WSArch WG
	P	MD	2	How will conformance be enforced?

    *
      Comment (received 2002-05-31) -- WSArch WG review of Charmod LC #2
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2002May/0032.html
]

      Conformance, 3rd Paragraph, last sentence

      '[S] [I] [C] In order to conform to this document, specifications
MUST
NOT violate any requirements preceded by [S], software MUST NOT violate
any
requirements preceded by [I], and content MUST NOT violate any
requirements
preceded by [C].'

      How will conformance be enforced? Are the the conformance
requirements
in this document testable for violations?
    *
      Decision: Not applicable
    *
      Rationale: We have classified this as 'Not applicable', because
you
have asked questions rather than suggesting changes to the document. Our
answers are as follows:
    *
      Decision:

      Q: How will conformance be enforced?