Re: HTTP-NG brief at OMG TC. Sit in Interoper. Clearinghouse as well?

From: Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 14:54:29 PDT
To: Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.xerox.com>, john_weiler@theotg.com
CC: HTTP-NG Comments <www-http-ng-comments@w3.org>
Excerpts from ext.http-ng: 2-Sep-98 Re: HTTP-NG brief at OMG TC.. John
Weiler@omg.org (1997*)

> Is their a possibility you (working group) could come up with a high
> level template that describes the interface (how we plug in) and key
> functions/services (what it does) so we can incorporate your efforts in the
> Interoperability Clearinghouse.  Our initial focus in on web, object and
> component technologies and how they interoperate.

That would probably be better developed by some member of your
Clearinghouse.  I'm sure they would understand the effort needed more
clearly than we would.

> Would be interested in defining that sub-structure that enables these things
> to work together.

The HTTP-NG architecture pretty much defines that substructure.  We'd be
happy to have technical comments on that architecture.

>  I would be interested in your read on our position paper located at
www.omg.org/library/ic.htm

If you could provide a Postscript, PDF, HTML, or text version of it, I'd
be happy to take a look.

Bill