Re: interface definitions

From: Ken MacLeod <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us>
Date: 26 Jul 1998 12:16:16 -0500
To: www-http-ng-comments@w3.org
Ken MacLeod <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us> writes:

> The issue I see is that the working drafts seem to imply that
> HTTP-ng requires interface definitions to be available to the
> protocol implementations in all cases, there's no statement or
> implication of support for a protocol layer that could work without
> explicit interface definitions.  No opening for HTTP-ng-lite :-)

Since there haven't been any replies on this issue, I'm hoping that
it's just a sign of taking a wait-and-see stance on what we're doing.

We have working prototypes and I'm moving quickly to migrate our
source into a more standard distribution layout and a more formal
presentation of the protocol.

My current contract assignment is coming to an end and I would really
enjoy working full or part time on a lightweight distributed objects
protocol.  I'm not yet closely familiar with the W3C standards
process, but if this could be a valid line of development for this
standard I would be interested in hearing from members who would like
to sponsor it.  Please contact me directly at <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us>
or +1 515 279 0319 (Iowa, USA).

--
  Ken MacLeod