Web Designers (was: The ability to turn off animations in browsers)

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 11/06/2013 08:06, David Woolley wrote:

> It also has a disproportionate number of people who write about "web
> designers" or "stylists" (in quotes, for effect) to show their disdain,
> it seems ;)

The reason I put "web designer" in quotes, was that the web is actually
the hyperlinks that produce a rich network between multiple sites,
whereas most people designing documents are not interested in designing
to create such a web, and the network of links is a very low priority.

A web designer is really a designer of media for consumption using the
graphical rendering capabilities of "web" browsers, rather than their
web capabilities.

I don't think I have ever used "stylists" in quotes.

I would note that I find a lot of people, at least amongst the over 45s,
who really would prefer simple, static, "web site" design, and really do
not like the trend to pop-ups, disguised links, etc.  These are not
people of whom I've been asking leading questions.

--
David Woolley