Re: Embed manifest

From: Juan Carlos Ojeda <juancarlospaco@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 19:03:45 -0300
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM, David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>wrote:

> Juan Carlos Ojeda wrote:
>
>  On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Juan Carlos Ojeda <
>> juancarlospaco@gmail.com <mailto:juancarlospaco@gmail.**com<juancarlospaco@gmail.com>>>
>> wrote:
>>

>>    I need to make a Single File WebApp, i got the CSS and JS embed
>>    already, i cant embed the .MANIFEST
>>    ...and i dont want to use data uri  :( it makes A LOT of sense.
>>

> Having now found out what <manifest/> is, it makes no sense to me to
> include it in a single page web application as it will only have one detail
> line and that line will refer to a page that the user already has, and for
> which they presumably have the complete caching hints.
>
> With only one detail line, if you must have it, a quoted printable data:
> URL should be no real pain.
>

> --
> David Woolley
> Emails are not formal business letters, whatever businesses may want.
> RFC1855 says there should be an address here, but, in a world of spam,
> that is no longer good advice, as archive address hiding may not work.

I think you dont understand, ...i mean something like:

<manifest>
CACHE MANIFEST
# This is CaSe SeNsItIvE !

# Explicitly cached entries
CACHE:
pres.html
style.css
music.ogg
click.ogg
#scripts/main.js

# will be served if the user is offline
FALLBACK:
/ /presentacion-intro.html

# Resources that require the user to be online.
NETWORK:
*
</manifest>

Just like: