Re: Alignment Inheritance in HTML 4.01 Tables

On 01.12.2011, at 10:00, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
>
>> This is fixed in the contemporary HTML specification. There's no longer
>> any "inheritance" of attributes on<table>. In particular, style=""
>> definitely is not inherited in this manner.
>
> So in :
>
> 	http://web-consultants.org.uk/sites/tests/H5P-TIT.html
>
> would you assert that Seamonkey 2.5 is failing to following the provisional specification ?
>
> Screenshot at :
>
> 	https://picasaweb.google.com/Chaa006/ScreenCaptures02?authkey=Gv1sRgCLGYuKnM4cuwjQE#5681081683579589490

this "inheritance" is not on the 'style' attribute *value*, but stems from the inheritance rules of CSS, so it's a completely different issue from the one fantasai and I have raised. Painting the text in your example red is correct, but has nothing to do with HTML attribute value inheritance.

-kris