Re: bidi embedding for block-level elements

On 7/23/10 4:35 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> This would mean you couldn't have more than about 60 inline<div>s nested
> inside each other without bidi breaking down. Is that an acceptable risk?

For what it's worth, Gecko has had "div { unicode-bidi: embed; }" in the
UA stylesheet for about a year now in nightlies and for close to half a
year in a shipping release (Firefox 3.6).  I don't believe we've had a
single issue reported in that time.

> It seems like it would be a weird thing to tell authors.

Realistically, if you're the sort of author who nests divs with
display:inline set on them 60 deep, I have no problem with telling you
to set unicode-bidi on them too....  You're clearly not a fan of the
default UA stylesheet in any case.  ;)

-Boris