Re: bidi embedding for block-level elements

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Forcing an embedding regardless of directionality change seems not quite the
> right solution to me. If I understand this correctly, merely by nesting
> inline elements in a completely RTL document, you suddenly would need to run
> the bidi reordering - with no visible effect.

No, inline elements don't trigger this.  Only block elements,
list-items, and table elements.  The only way to trigger problems is
to take a ton of block-level elements, make them display:inline, and
nest them.  That's an extremely minority position, to say the least.
And if, for whatever reason, an author did need to do it, they can
correct it themselves by also setting unicode-bidi.

~TJ