Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:19:07 +0200
To: Luca Passani <passani@eunet.no>
Cc: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, www-html@w3.org

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 09:12:25PM +0200, Luca Passani wrote:

> Tina Holmboe wrote:
>>
>>   In addition it is likely that UAs will continue to support style; nay,
>>   it is certain that they will for backwards compatibility reasons.
>>
>>   The question whether we should remove it from a /new/ standard doesn't
>>   have much of an impact on whether UAs will remove it from something
>>   already established.

> "W3C can do pretty much what they want, since it's irrelevant and
> browser manufacturers

> Is this what you mean?

  No. I mean that simply because we release a NEW standard the UA writers
  won't remove support for OLD standards. That's what I wrote, and that's
  what it meant.

  Unless what you want to do today /doesn't work/, then it would seem that
  the standard you /are/ using fill your purpose, and this discussion has
  really lost its point.

  And, frankly, from the abrasive manner you exhibit I have no further
  interest in the topic until and unless it ends up on the XHTML WG table
  for serious consideration.

--
 -  Tina Holmboe           siteSifter                  Greytower Technologies
                 http://www.sitesifter.co.uk          http://www.greytower.net